Classroom Technology Guide for SMARTboard room
Applies to rooms: OC104, OC107
The technology in these small seminar rooms supports local presentations using a local computer connected to SMARTboard display.
Accessibility: If you require assistance with any of the equipment in the room please contact the Information Technology Service Desk by phoning 705 748-1010 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Audio Visual Components Shown Below:
- Lectern computer (PC)
- SMARTboard display surface ( touch-sensitive interactive display surface for use with digital pens, eraser and finger)
- SMARTboard power button
- SMARTboard speaker power and volume control dial
- SMARTboard digital pens and eraser
- Telephone (Call ext.1010 option 4 for emergency Tech Support)
Presenting from the Lectern Computer (PC)
- Power on the lectern computer (1)
- Login with your Trent username and password and open your presentation
- When you are ready to share your content with the class, power on SMARTboard (2) by pressing its Power button (3)
- Adjust SMARTboard audio level using the volume dial (4) on the SMARTboard speaker.
- If desired, touch the SMARTboard surface with your finger to interact with and navigate the onscreen display as you would a mouse pointer.
- If desired, start the SMART Notebook software on the computer in order to use the digital pens (5) on the board as well as other SMART features. No other pens or markers should be used on the board.
When You Are Finished
- Log off or shutdown the lectern PC.
- Power off the SMARTboard with button (3). Press once to initiate shutdown and press again to confirm.
- Professor Emeriti
- Teaching & Learning Tools