Blackboard - Faculty - Grading: Grading Tests or Assignments
Blackboard features multiple options for assessing students, including digital drop-boxes and online testing. This document will outline the process for evaluating assignments and tests submitted in Blackboard.
Grading Tests and Assignments
- Login to the Blackboard course you wish to perform grading for and navigate to the full grade center (Grade Center > Full Grade Center)
- The grade center contains a row for every student loaded into the course, and a column for every assignment, test or item collected digitally.
- Assignments that are in need of grading are identified by a yellow exclamation point (!)
- Hover your mouse over the yellow exclamation point and click the down arrow when it appears
- Click the option for the student attempt. The date indicated will be the date the student submitted the assignment or completed the test
- If the assignment or test has multiple attempts (indicating the student submitted more then once) they will each be listed here.
- The assignment grading area will appear with a rendered copy of the student assignment. Additionally you can use the inline tools to add comments or markup the document. For more information see Blackboard - Faculty - Grading with Inline Grading
- Click into the grade entry box to enter a numerical grade
- When clicking the grade entry box, a feedback dialog will appear to enter text feedback to the student
- When you have entered the grade and comments, click submit
- The test questions will be displayed followed by an option to enter a grade for each question and a box to provide feedback.
- When you've completed grading click the submit or submit and next student option to continue grading.
Uploading Feedback Files to Students (Assignments Only)
- In the assignment grading area, click the box to enter a numerical grade
- When the feedback option appears, click the paperclip option in the text entry area to attach a file
- Teaching & Learning Tools