Blackboard - Faculty - Course Admin: Uploading Course Templates
Blackboard offers instructors the ability to upload a course template into their course.
A course template is a pre-formatted course structure with starter content provided. These will take the form of a .zip file and may be provided by your department. Before proceeding, ensure you have already downloaded the course template to your computer.
For instruction on copying a previously taught course from year to year, please see the following guide
To use a starter template:
- Navigate to the course.
- In the left-side navigation menu, select Packages and Utilities, then Import Package.
- Click the “Import Package” Button.
- Click the “Browse My Computer” Button and select the .zip file containing the template.
- Click “Select All” to check all boxes and import all content from the template.
- Click the “Submit” button in the lower right corner of the screen to complete the import.
Once the import has been completed, you will receive a notification along the top of your course and via email. You may need to refresh your browser to see any changes.
Once you have successfully imported your template, you should see new menu items populate the left-hand navigation menu. Ensure you review these menu items as any pre-existing menu items (prior to uploading the new template), will persist. You may remove any un-needed menu items by clicking the small down arrow next to the menu item and selecting “Delete”.
- Teaching & Learning Tools