Blackboard - Faculty - Course Admin: Adding TAs, markers & other instructors to courses
Once a faculty member has been assigned a course and loaded into the Blackboard system, they can add other faculty and teaching support roles to the course without the need to contact IT. This tutorial will outline the simple process for adding other staff users to a Blackboard course.
Please note - it is not possible for faculty to add students to a Blackboard course. Students must be fully registered in the course to have access to Blackboard. To add students who are unable to be registered fully, on a temporary basis, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Login to the Blackboard course you wish to add the user to and click the Manage Users option from the course tools menu.
- Click the add users by role option
- Enter the TrentNET username of the person you wish to add to the course and assign them a role. The TrentNET username will be the persons Trent email address without the @trentu.ca. For example, if I wanted to add someone with a Trent email of email@example.com to my course, I would enter bobsmith in the username box.
- Click the submit button when you have entered the username and picked the correct role to process the request.
For assistance with this process, or if you encounter an error message please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching & Learning Tools