Blackboard - Faculty - Course Admin: Adding TAs, Graders & other instructors to courses
Once a faculty member has been assigned a course and loaded into the Blackboard system, they can add other faculty and teaching support roles to the course without the need to contact IT.
Please note, it is not possible for faculty to add students to a Blackboard course. Faculty do not have the ability to change the role or remove users in a Blackboard course. If you require the removal of a user or need to change their role please contact IT.
You must add your TA to your course using their employee username NOT their student one. Students must be fully registered in the course to have access to Blackboard. To add students who are unable to be registered fully, on a temporary basis, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This tutorial will outline the simple process for adding other staff users to a Blackboard course.
Steps to add a user to your Blackboard Course
- Login to the Blackboard course that you wish to add the user to, and select Manage Users from the Users and Groups menu
- If you receive a warning regarding cross listed courses, select the option to try now and do not prompt me again. Then click submit.
- Click the add button in the top left corner of the screen.
- Enter the TrentNET username of the person you wish to add to the course and assign them a role. The TrentNET username will be the persons Trent email address without the @trentu.ca. For example, if I wanted to add someone with a Trent email of email@example.com to my course, I would enter bobsmith in the username box. All TAs, Graders and Course Builders must be added to the course using the person's employee username. Students are not to be added to courses as TAs, Graders or Course Builders.
- Select the role for the user in the course and click submit
For assistance with this process, or if you encounter an error message please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching & Learning Tools