Blackboard - Faculty - Content Creation: Creating Web Links
Blackboard features many tools to help communicate with students. In this guide, we'll outline how to use the Web Link feature to post links to external content on the internet.
- Login to the Blackboard course you wish to post the link in, and navigate to the location inside the course where you wish to display the link. Links can be posted in content areas, content folders and learning modules.
- Make sure that edit mode is on, and hover your mouse over the build content menu. From the build content menu, select Web Link.
- Enter a name for the link (that will appear for the students) and enter or copy and past the URL you'd like the link to go to into the URL box.
- Please note, the link must include http:// or https:// at the beginning of the URL.
- When pasting links, be careful that no spaces are added at the beginning of the URL, or this will cause an error. To check this, click the just before the H in http:// (or https://) and push the backspace button on your keyboard to make sure the text doesn't move.
- Scroll down and select any release criteria options you wish (Display after and display until will show the link at a designated time, and hide it at a designated time, if enabled)
- Ensure the following options are enabled - Open link in a new window, permit users to view this content.
- Click Submit
Editing Web Links
- Login to the Blackboard course you wish to edit the link for
- Locate the existing announcement inside the content area
- Hover your mouse over the title of the link, and click the down arrow when it appears. Then click edit
- Teaching & Learning Tools