Blackboard - Faculty - Content Creation: Announcements
Blackboard features many tools to help communicate with students. In this guide, we'll outline how to use the announcements tool to post course announcements.
- Login to the Blackboard course you wish to post the announcement in.
- From the left side menu, select the Announcements area of the course
- Click Create Announcement
- Enter a subject for your announcement and a body text (or content)
- Select the Not Date Restricted option - Note - if you wish for your announcement to appear and disappear at a scheduled interval, then leave date restricted on and select the appropriate date and time
- If desired, select the Email Announcement option - This will send an email copy of the announcement to all the students.
- Click Submit
- Login to the Blackboard course you wish to edit the announcement in
- From the left side menu select the Announcements area of the course.
- Hover your mouse over the title of the announcement and click the down arrow when it appears. Then click edit.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why not email? - Blackboard's announcement tool offers you the ability to not only send an email message to students, but also to post a message in a common place for them to refer back to.
- Can I attach an item to an announcement - It is not possible to attach a file to an announcement in Blackboard. For that feature, use a regular email client like Microsoft Outlook, or the Blackboard email feature (located under course tools > email)
- Teaching & Learning Tools