Azure MFA - MFA Onboarding
On July 26th, 2021, Trent University enabled MFA for all existing staff/faculty accounts as well as new staff/faculty accounts. This document will describe the MFA onboarding experience for new users as well as existing users who did not opt-in to MFA prior to the deadline.
After entering your password you will be redirected to a prompt that says "More information required" click next.
On the additional security verification page, select the MFA method that you would like to use (app or SMS)
To set up the Microsoft Authenticator app
The Microsoft Authenticator app is the preferred method of completing MFA at Trent University.
To set up the SMS text messaging method
- Set the preferred option as "Authentication Phone"
- Enter your mobile number in the space provided and select the option for "send me a code by text message". Then click next.
- Enter the code that was sent via text message to your mobile device and click verify.
- Click done on the verification successful page.
- You will be redirected to the myTrent login screen, complete the MFA prompt again with a new code sent via text message to your mobile device and click verify.
- You will now be redirected to myTrent.
For assistance with this process, please contact the IT service desk at 705-748-1010 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professor Emeriti
- Accounts & Access