Adding an Outlook shared mailbox or folder - Windows
Note: This process also applies to adding shared folders from other staff or faculty members.
- Start by opening your Email (Outlook 2016) from the Start menu. On the left you will see your email account listed with all your folders such as inbox, sent items, cabinet, etc.
- Click on FILE from the upper right corner of the screen.
- Make sure you are in the Info section and click on Account Settings and then the Account Settings… option.
- On the Account Settings screen, on the Email tab, double click on your email address entry to open the next window.
- On the Change Account screen, click the More Settings button in the bottom right of the Server Settings area
- Click on the Advanced tab and click the Add… button to add the mailbox of the account or folder you wish to add.
- Note: You must have been granted delegate access to a shared mailbox or a folder must have been successfully shared with you by another staff or faculty member in order to see it in the list to eventually view the contents of the account or folder.
- Enter the username portion of the shared mailbox you would like or the username of the individual who shared their folders with you. Click OK.
- Once the account is listed, usually with the proper display name, you can click Apply and OK.
- Outlook will stall for about a minute or so and it may flash (Not Responding) for a moment as it adds the account in Outlook.
- Click Next on the "Change Account (Server Settings) page which is presented.
- Click Finish on the "Change Account" screen that says "You're all Set!"
- Click Close on the Account Settings page when it re-presents itself.
- In order for the change to take effect you must close and open Outlook again.
- Following your restart, you should see the delegate account or shared folder appear below your own account name on the left hand navigation menu.
- Professor Emeriti
- Accounts & Access
- Computing & Printing
- Email & Collaboration