Accessing the Microsoft Home Use Program
- Log into myTrent
- Click on the SERVICES menu from the top menu bar.
- Scroll down to the IT Services section.
- Click on the Microsoft Home Use icon.
- Enter your myTrent email address (email@example.com) and click the Get Started button.
- Within the following few minutes you should receive an email from Microsoft (do not reply) <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Please check your inbox and junk/spam folder for the email.
You are only using your @trentu.ca email address to validate that you're a Trent University employee. In order to purchase a subscription, you will have to use your own personal Microsoft account. You can't use or create a Microsoft account with your @trentu.ca email address.
- Click the Login to Start Saving.button/link towards the bottom of the email, and you will be taken to Microsoft's website.
- You will be prompted to sign in with a PERSONAL Microsoft Account (this is NOT your @trentu.ca account). Your subscription to Microsoft will be linked and managed through this account.
- If you do not have a Microsoft account you can click the "Create One" link from the page. Follow the on screen instructions to create your personal Microsoft account. Go back to Step 8 and key in your new personal Microsoft account at the Sign in Screen.
- Sign in to view the available offers.
- Select one of the programs that suits your needs
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the purchase.
If you scroll down you can also see other product offerings you may be eligible for through the Microsoft Home Use Program.
For more information and instructions regarding the purchase, download and activation process, please refer to the complete guide for Employees:
- Professor Emeriti
- Computing & Printing