The Network Account service, or Trent account, establishes the official network logon ID for all students, faculty, and staff at Trent.
Every user is responsible for ensuring that the computing activity associated with their Trent account is in compliance with the standards and practices defined in Operations policies related to Information Technology:
- Computing Privileges Policy
- Computing Resources Acceptable Use Policy
- Handling Sensitive Information Policy
- User Electronic Information Policy
- Network Connection Policy
This account is used to authenticate access to applications and services used throughout the University such as:
- Desktop login to campus networked computers
- Google Apps for students
The account name is used in the creation of each users personal Trent email address in the form "email@example.com" and is integrated with the email system.
Your Trent account is a managed service and as such includes a ‘back-office' function that performs the creation and synchronization of University LDAP, Active Directory and Google App accounts.
Once the network account is created, the user must:
- Change their initial password to a secure, personally created password
- Establish their personal security responses
These steps facilitate self-serve password recovery if needed.