Information Technology maintains the university’s VOIP (Voice Over IP) telephone system to provide phone service to the Trent community. Phones are provided for use in all offices, labs, and equipped classrooms. This service includes jack installation/activation, configuration, deployment and maintenance of phone sets, directory management, configuration of phone trees, and Speech Auto-Attendant . Different models of phones are available to accommodate the call management needs of all users.
The campus phone services provides a number of additional services:
- Voice mail and long distance service
- Remote access to voicemail allowing retrieving, deleting, recording and forwarding messages.
- Auto-answer service routes calls directly to voicemail if the extension is busy or rings no-answer
- Auto-answer service can be programmed to provide a menu of recorded options to direct callers to a selected person, working group or service.
- Call forwarding (user-directed) can send incoming calls to a different extension (or phone number) while users are away from their desk.
The Telecom Service Requests form for adds, moves, and changes, including voice mail and long distance, is available at myTrent > Services > IT Services