Printing using WebPrint
Web Print, is a student service that enables direct printing to lab (PaperCut) printers from laptops and mobile devices without having to install print drivers. (PaperCut is the pay-print system which uses TrentU Card credits.)
The following popular file types are supported by Web Print:
- Microsoft Office Excel: xlam, xls, xlsb, xlsm, xlsx, xltm, xltx
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint: pot, potm, potx, ppam, pps, ppsm, ppsx, ppt, pptm, pptx
- Microsoft Office Word: doc, docm, docx, dot, dotm, dotx
- Microsoft XPS: xps
- Portable Document Format : pdf
To use Web Print you must first establish a connection to the Internet on-campus via eduroam or WiredTrent.
Here are the steps to submit a print job to a lab printer using Web Print:
- Open your browser and go to the PaperCut login page: https://papercut.trentu.ca:9192/user
- Login with your Trent username and password.
- After successful login, your PaperCut home page will be presented. Click “Web Print” in the navigation bar on the left side.
|If you wish to print:||Under Location/Dept, choose:|
|Black & white - single sided||WebPrintBW|
|Black and white - double sided||WebPrint BW duplex|
|Colour - single sided||Web Print Colour|
|Colour- double sided||WebPrint Colour duplex|
- Select the desired print type under Printer Name .
- Click Submit a Job to start the print process.
- On the Options page you can change the number of copies if you wish.
- Then click Upload Document button
- Click on Browse to select your document (which must be a supported format). Select the file
- Click “Upload and complete" button on the document
- A successful submission message will be presented
- Rendering status information screens will follow and it may take 2-3 min to complete this step.
- “Held in a queue” status indicates that rendering is finished and the job is ready to be released to a printer.
- On the “Job Pending Release” menu you have the option to [print] or [cancel] your pending jobs.
- After clicking [print] , you can select the destination printer for your job. Just click on the desired printer name under Printer and your job will be routed there.
- Your job will be queued and sent directly to the chosen printer. There is no need to login to the print release station as your job will come out automatically.
- Computing & Printing