Microsoft Teams - Meetings: Scheduling a Meeting with a Join Link
Microsoft Teams is a multi-use platform that allows groups to communicate together in written, video, and audio formats as well as share files and resources together. This guide will outline the process for creating a Microsoft Teams meeting which can be joined by sharing a web link either through MS Teams or Outlook.
Creating a Meeting in MS Teams (Desktop Client or Web Interface)
- Open Microsoft Teams from the installed application or through the web interface. For more information on getting started with Teams, please see our MS Teams Quick Start Guide.
- Click the calendar icon and select new meeting.
- On the new meeting pop-up page, enter the following information:
- A name for the meeting
- A time when the online meeting will take place
- At least one attendee
- When you have completed entering the meeting details, click send.
- Once you have created the meeting, return to the calendar icon within teams, and locate the meeting on your calendar. Double click it to access the details.
- Hover your mouse over the "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" text, and right-click on it. Then click copy link.
- You can now paste the Join Microsoft Teams Meeting link into another location (email, Blackboard announcement) for others to join the meeting.
Create a MS Team Meeting in Outlook (Desktop Client)
Note: You must have the MS Teams Desktop Client downloaded to create a Teams Meeting in the Desktop Client.
- Open Outlook and navigate to the calendar view.
- Select New Teams Meeting. A calendar invite will be created with a link to a MS Teams Meeting.
- In the required field type your Trent email address. If you have a list of your student’s emails you can also copy and past those into this field instead.
- Set the start and end date/times of the meeting.
- Click Send. The invite will appear in your outlook calendar.
- Open the calendar invite then copy and paste the link to the meeting called “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting” into an announcement in your Blackboard Course.
- In the announcement settings in Blackboard, check off “Send a copy of this announcement immediately”. This will send a copy of the announcement directly to your student’s Trent email immediately.
- When you are ready to start your meeting, open the calendar invite your created and click “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting” to begin your meeting.
For support with this process, please contact the IT service desk either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 705-748-1010.
- Professor Emeriti
- Computing & Printing
- Email & Collaboration
- Teaching & Learning Tools