Blackboard - Accessing as a UOIT Student
UOIT students are granted access to the Trent Blackboard system when they're enrolled in a course taught by a Trent University instructor.
If you have enrolled in such a course, you will receive an email message with instructions outlining how to activate your Trent Account after your course status has been communicated by the registrars office at UOIT.
Please note - Course enrollments for UOIT students taking Trent courses is a semi-automated process that is run twice weekly. Therefore, you may encounter a delay between registration and access to your course.
Activating Your Trent Account as a UOIT Student
- After you have received the automated welcome message, indicating that your account has been processed, visit www.trentu.ca/mytrent/activate.php
- Click the new user activation form link
- In the personal email address field, enter your UOIT email address
- Enter your full UOIT student number in the student number section. For instance, if my UOIT student number was 123456789 I would enter that in the student number field
- In the account type field, leave the default "Applicant/ Student"
- Click the activate button and check your UOIT email account for the activation link. Click the link and set your new password.
- Your account is now active - Access the myTrent system and click Academics > Blackboard to access your course materials
Please note the following:
- You will not see your course on Blackboard until 5 days before the start date of the course.
- There will be an empty Blackboard course on your UOIT Blackboard account, however it's a empty placeholder only. All course material for courses operating at Trent University will be posted on the Trent Blackboard system.
- For assistance with this process, please contact email@example.com
- Accounts & Access
- Teaching & Learning Tools