Course Archive Process July/August 2022
As we return to in-person campus operations, IT will be resuming the Course Archive Process in Blackboard. This will be a yearly process that will take place in the Summer Term (July/Aug) going forward. After the Course Archive Process is complete, the course will be removed from Blackboard.
Once a course has been archived, it is stored on a secured server maintained by IT. As of July 13th, 2022, access to courses included in the archive process will be removed, and Faculty will no longer be able to access the course.
The Archive Process will begin on July 14th. After an archived copy of the course has been created, the course is removed from Blackboard. It is important to note that all course content (excluding student data) is retained in the course archive process.
After the process has been completed, Faculty can request a copy of their course using the Archived Course Request Form linked in the Service Hub. This request can be made at the end of August when the Course Archive Process is complete. A Tech Bulletin will be sent to all Faculty, notifying you that the Course Archive Process is completed.
We have created a series of knowledge articles to assist you with questions you may have about this process:
- What is the Course Archive Process?
- How can I check to see if my course is set to be archived?
- What is an Archived Course?
- Why do we archive and remove courses from Blackboard?
- How can I access a copy of my Archived Course?
- Why is Student Data not retained in the Archive Process?
- Can I create an archive copy of my course?
- Student Data Needed for Appeals
- Which courses will be archived and removed from Blackboard?
- Will Courses from 2019SU to Present be Archived in Summer 2022?
- Types of courses NOT included in the Course Archive Process
- Why was this process paused during the Remote Learning?
- Can I request an exemption for my course?
BSc (Hons), MBA
Acting Associate Vice President,
1600 West Bank Drive
Peterborough, ON K9L 0G2
Office: 1(705)748-1011 ext. 7898
P.S. Missed a Tech Bulletin? Please go to https://www.trentu.ca/it/bulletins to review the Tech Bulletin archives.
Posted on July 6, 2022