Reminder: Tech Checks available
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
Reminder: Tech Checks are now available.
Our Information Technology Support teams' prime function is to act as first/single point of contact for users requesting assistance with IT matters in the widest sense, and to directly support the university services.
While our service is primarily focused on University-owned equipment and services we are seeing an increasing number of requests for support on personally owned devices.
In efforts to help service you better we are offering a free Tech Check service. Assistance with personal devices will be provided, but will be limited to the following areas:
- Assistance in connecting to our services
- Advice on virus protection
- Connecting personal devices to the University WiFi service
- Proving basic advice on how you can install your own licensed copy of software e.g. Office
- Recommendations when hardware failures are identified. Please note - our technicians are not authorized to perform repairs that require your personal device to be opened up.
Please feel free to drop in with your personal device during one of our free Tech Check dates below:
Monday to Thursday: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Sociology Meeting Room OC 220.3
*Tech Checks scheduled to run from September 20th – October 5th, 2017
Associate Vice President, IT
P.S. Missed a Tech Bulletin? Please go to http://www.trentu.ca/it/Bulletins to review the Tech Bulletin archives.
Posted on September 21, 2017