What is the LearningSystem?
The Learning System/Blackboard Learn 9.1 is the platform that Trent University uses to host the online components of all courses.
This platform will allow you to access essential course documents, and give you the ability to communicate with your fellow students and
To view the Intro to Blackboard at Trent video, click here.
Learning System Technical Requirements
The following are the minimum hardware requirements for working with the Trent LearningSystem:
• PC or Mac
• Windows XP, Vista or 7; or MacOS X or later
• 1 GB of free disk space is recommended
• Internet connection
For a full list of certified and compatible web browsers and operating systems please consult the Blackboard Browser Page.
Step to a Successful LearningSystem Experience
- Download any plug-ins which are required for your course. Common plug-ins which are free for download can be found here: Plug-in Checker
- Access Troubleshooting for common problems and descriptions
- Use Report a Problem to report difficulties to the IT Service Desk. Please describe your issue fully for the best response.
If you still experience further difficulties, you can call Trent's I.T. Service Desk via: 705-748-1010 or Toll-Free 1-855-MY-TRENT (1-855-698-7368) x1010
When submitting an email or telephone support call to the ITService Desk, please ensure that you provide:
- Your first and last name
- The course code for the course in which you are experiencing problems
- Your student ID number
- Your username on the learningSystem / Blackboard
- Details of the problem you are experiencing, including: Any error
messages and steps the support staff can take to re-create the problem
Note: Please be advised that Trent's IT Support is not a call centre and you may need to leave a message. Please be patient.
Your call will be returned as soon as possible.