Off Campus Housing Supports - Peterborough
Trent University has partnered with Places4Students.com, the company specializing in providing academic institutions with off-campus housing solutions. Places4Students.com is introducing a new and improved off-campus housing service for students, landlords and members of the Trent University community.
Click on the following links to get started!
- Search listings here.
- Students register your listing here.
- Landlords register your property rental your property rental here.
- Call toll free 1-866-766-0767 or email Places4students
Please Note: All information provided to Trent University is on a voluntary basis. Trent University does not sell or share any information from students and landlords
- Property Management Companies
- Rent Seeker
- Pad Mapper
- Housing Resource Centre
- Ontario Aboriginal Housing
- Peterborough This Week
Tips & Tricks
When securing housing, we recommend the following 7 tips. These tips can be used as a guide but are not the only things you should be considering when renting:
- Ensure you or someone you trust visits and inspects the rental property or room in person.
- Photos in some cases can be misleading and it is important to see what you are paying for prior to moving in
- If you do not have a car, check how close it is to campus or by public transit by using Google Maps
- Request a lease/contract before any payment is made and review the lease thoroughly
- If possible have a legal resource review the lease/contract to ensure it is compliant with all laws/legislation
- Ask what is included in the price
- Is heat, hydro, internet, cable included?
- Is laundry on site? If so, does it cost money?
- Ask if the rental unit is fully furnished
- Ask if there is parking for guests or your own car
- Can you truly afford the rental unit you are looking at leasing?
- You need to ensure that what you are signing for you can afford to avoid challenges in the future with rent payments.
If you have further questions, Housing Services is happy to provide support by email or over the phone. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 705-748-1011 ext. 7127