Forensics Living Learning Community
Designed to engage, excite, and inspire, this community will provide opportunities to participate in forensic-related experiences and connect with faculty and your peers. Students in this community share a passion for forensic science and comparable educational and career goals. Join this community to advance your educational interests and sense of community within the Forensic Sciences programs at Trent University.
What to expect while living in this Residence Learning Community
- Opportunities to connect with Faculty and Staff from the Forensic Science department outside of the classroom through facilitated workshops, Flawed Films/Television series discussions and speaker panels.
- Course based support workshops in residence from Lab Demonstrators, Faculty, Academic Skills and Academic Advising
- The Annual Mock Bellringer for the Anatomy exam in collaboration with the Nursing Living Learning Community
- Explore pathways in the field of Forensic Science with the Forensics Placement Coordinator, Faculty, Trent Alumni and Community resources
- Collaborations with the Trent-Swansea Law Living Learning Community on Mock Trials, visiting/touring the local courtroom, and Lawyers in Residence
- Connect with Upper-Year Students through your Living Learning Community Don and the Forensic Science Society (FSS)
“The Forensics LLC has provided me with a community that all share a common interest in Forensics, and it has given me the opportunity to be surrounded by others in my program. This has benefitted me greatly in terms of being able to work on assignments and understand lecture material, especially since this school year is all online. Without the support of my peers, as well as my don, I don’t believe that I would be doing as well as I am in all aspects of life at university.”
- Jillian, first-year Forensic Science student 2020-2021.
“The Forensics LLC opens up a lot of opportunities through bringing together a large group of people who all share common classes and goals in life. Furthermore, you have access to different learning opportunities in Forensic Science and extra help through programing put on through the don. This year so far, we have attended presentations put on through the Forensic Science Society with professionals in the Forensics field, and have plans for extra learning opportunities such as a mock trial and through our own crime scene investigation for extra practice at the techniques you will learn in first year. There is plenty more opportunities to learn more about Forensic Science and opportunities to get ahead in your classes. I was in the Forensics LLC in my first year and now I am the don of it and I can say that it is the best place in Trent to meet likeminded students and grow personally and academically.” -
- Logan, second-year Forensic Science student and Living Learning Community Don, 2020-2021.
College Affiliation: Otonabee College http://www.trentu.ca/otonabee
How to Apply to live in the Forensics Living Learning Community
- Please refer to our How to Apply page
- Preference is given to students enrolled in the Forensic Science program
Residence Life Coordinator: Anya Kucza-Czarnota email@example.com
Residence Life & Education: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram @trentforensicsLLC