Tuition, Awards & Funding

At Trent, all eligible graduate students may be offered competitive funding for support in their studies. We are very pleased to provide funding for Master students and Ph.D. students.

Financial aid for individual full-time graduate students may be available from the following sources:

  • Scholarships, fellowships and other merit awards from governmental, industrial and other granting bodies in Canada.
  • University entrance awards, academic scholarships, and tuition bursaries.
  • Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTAs) for a maximum of four terms – M.A./M.Sc. (maximum eight terms - Ph.D.), and/or laboratory demonstrating.
  • Research Assistantships (RAs) with faculty members who hold research grants.
  • Loans from the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) or other provincial sources.