Your Path to Trent: Next Steps
Trent University Durham
Congratulations, a world-class education awaits!
You’re officially a Trent student and part of our community. Your Trent education will challenge the way you think and lead you to unimaginable possibilities where you will be inspired, and supported to achieve your dreams.
There are several very important next steps now that you’ve accepted your Offer of Admission:
1. KNOW YOUR STUDENT NUMBER
Your Trent identification number – the number that has appeared on all Trent admissions communications – is your official Trent student number. We also emailed your number to you. Keep it handy; memorize it. You’ll need it for all future communications and interactions at Trent
2. SET UP YOUR TRENT EMAIL
Your Trent email will be activated in mid-June, and an “email” tab will appear in your account on the myTrent portal at trentu.ca/mytrent. Once your email is active, you’ll start to receive all of your Trent info at this email. Your profs will email you here as well. Set up your Trent email on your phone: Andriod Phone or Apple Phone
WHAT IS MYTRENT? The myTrent portal is your one-stop shop for accessing your email, important course and academic information, news and other financial and support services that are available to you at Trent. Get set up and get started by visiting trentu.ca/mytrent
3. EXPLORE YOUR COURSE OPTIONS
You can register for courses beginning on June 24 at noon through the Academic Record link in your myTrent account. Be sure to visit our Academic Advising website to find out how you can start reviewing course descriptions and learn how to build a timetable. Videos are available online to guide you. It’s easier than you think.
4. REGISTER FOR SUMMER ACADEMIC KICKSTART
Get a head start on fall. Join us for our Summer Academic Kickstart event on Saturday, June 24, 2017 (tentative). Here you’ll be able to register for your courses early, connect with other new students, meet your student association, and learn everything you need to know to make your university experience a success. Find out more and how to register at trentu.ca/durham/orientation
- FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS: (Date tentative) A special event for all transfer students. Meet one-on-one with an academic advisor and get course registration assistance for your September 2017 courses. Find out more and how to register at trentu.ca/transfer
- FALL STARTUP ORIENTATION: Tuesday September 5 & Wednesday September 6, 2017
Whether you are a new student coming directly from high school, a transfer student, or mature student, our orientation program will provide you with the tools and information you need to start your Trent experience off strong. Stay tuned for more information
5. ORDER YOUR STUDENT CARD
Your TrentU Card provides access to on-campus services such as printing, photocopying, the library and café. Learn more at: www.trentu.ca/trentucard/. You must upload your own picture ahead of time. Log in to myTrent to submit your favourite passport-style photo online. Click on myAccount and then TrentU Card. Your card will be processed and ready for pick-up in a couple days.
6. CHECK YOUR DEADLINES - DON’T MISS OUT!
Now that you are officially a Trent student, there are a few deadlines you need to be aware of:
- June 20: Deadline to register for Summer Academic Kickstart
- June 24: Course registration opens online for new students
- June 30: Deadline to apply for entrance bursaries
- September 1: Fall term fee due
- September 5 & 6: Fall Start Up for all new students
- September 7: Classes begin