Psychological Research Methods & Data Analysis
Students completing this specialization will graduate with a background in the empirical foundations needed to understand how research is conducted in psychology and similar disciplines. In particular, students will dig into how data are analyzed in this field, developing competencies in making sense of and interpreting data. Skills gained through this specialization—critical thinking, analytical reasoning, and data-based decision making—are in-demand across many different fields and give students an edge when pursuing graduate research studies, including Trent’s competitive Master of Science in Psychology.
- PSYC 2018H: Critical Thinking and Research Methods in Psychology (Sc)
- PSYC 2019H: Basic Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology (Sc)
- PSYC 3016H: Advanced Statistics and Research Design in Psychology (Sc)
- PSYC 3017H: Applied Data Analysis for Psychological Research (Sc)
- PSYC 4110H: Psychometrics (Sc)
- PSYC-SOCI 4120H: Qualitative Research and Analysis (Sc)
- PSYC 4850H: Applied Psychological Research Placement in Aging (Sc)
- HEAL-NURS-PSYC 3755H: Program Evaluation in Health and Health Care Evaluations (Sc)
- Reading courses (PSYC 3900Y, 3901H, 3902H, 4900Y, 4901H, 4902H) or research practicum courses (PSYC 3801H, 3802H, 4801H, 4802H) that focus of research methods and data analysis in psychology or psychometrics (Sc)
- PSYC 4010Y/4020D: Honours Thesis (Sc)
- B.A. (Honours)
- B.Sc. (Honours)
- Durham GTA
- Access experiential learning and create a customized independent research project or practicum based on your interests by working one-on-one with internationally-recognized faculty.
- Develop your skills in understanding, communicating about, and conducting research.
- Learn from Trent experts in a variety of topics in the field of psychology.
- Get opportunities for reference letters from professors, thanks to our highly personalized learning environment.
Psychometrists develop psychological tests, scales and measures, and may administer or apply and interpret such tests, scales and measures. Psychometrists administer and score psychological tests, usually alongside/under the supervision of a registered psychologist.
- Psychology Research Assistant
- Marketing Research Specialist
- Data analyst
- Research support officer
- Statistical officer
- Community Development Consultant
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
#1 Undergrad University
Many students say they knew Trent was right for them when they visited campus. Come see for yourself.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch