Feminist and Gender Studies
Work with one of the country’s largest and leading cohorts of Gender and Women’s Studies scholars to earn your M.A. or Ph.D. and a Feminist and Gender Studies specialization.
As a humanities, sciences or social sciences graduate student, explore feminist theory, methodology, and practice, through course work and research.
At Trent, you will earn a degree and a specialization in as little as one year, as you investigate the centrality of gender and its interactions with other hierarchical power relations.
As home to the Canada Research Chair in Feminist and Gender Studies, and with close to 30 faculty members undertaking related research, be inspired by today’s leaders in the field. Regardless of your discipline, this new specialization will allow you to collaborate with this community of scholars as you pursue your own academic path.
- Be among the first to earn this Feminist and Gender Studies specialization. Only a small number of universities in Canada offer this type of collaborative program.
- Learn about the foundations of research in feminist and gender studies in the interdisciplinary core course – a seminar that brings together the students working toward the specialization with the experts in the field.
- Earn a specialization in Feminist and Gender Studies as part of your M.A. or Ph.D. by:
- Choosing a major research project or a thesis in the field of feminist and gender studies
- Completing a half-credit core course on the foundations of research in feminist and gender studies