Ethics & Sustainability
Values matter in the world of business. Be equipped to be a part of the movement to make the business world a power for global good. With this specialization, you will gain a foundational knowledge of business and environmental ethics that will equip you with all you need to be the change you wish to see in the world.
Graduating students who have fulfilled the requirements for a Bachelor of Business Administration degree may apply for a Specialization in Ethics & Sustainability, if they have successfully completed the following 3.5 credits:
- 1.5 ADMN credits consisting of ADMN 4250H, 4260H, and 4450H
- 1.0 credit from PHIL 1100H, PHIL 2110H, PHIL 2390H, PHIL 3110H, PHIL 3120H, PHIL-POST 3140H, PHILPOST 3180H, ERST-PHIL 3301H*, ERST-PHIL 3302H* (or 3300Y*), PHIL-COIS 3370H, or PHIL 4310H
- 1.0 credit from ERST-POST 2100H, ERST-CASTPOST 3120H, ERSC 3160H, ERST 3250H, ERST-PHIL 3301H*, ERST-PHIL 3302H* (or 3300Y*), ERST 4130H (or 3130H), ERST-PHIL 4705H (or 4700Y), ERSC/ERST 4801H, HIST-ERST 3756H, or INDG-ERSC 4730Y
*may only count towards one list
- With the permission of the specialization coordinator, students may substitute 0.5 credit not on the above lists provided the course has significant content on ethics and/or sustainability.
- The same course may not simultaneously satisfy the requirements of the Specialization in Ethics & Sustainability and the Emphasis in Applied Ethics.
S. Simola, BSW, BA (McMaster), MA (Queen’s), MBA (Wilfrid Laurier), PhD (Queen’s)