Entrepreneurship (Co-op Available)
Got hustle? For highly-innovative Business students, the Entrepreneurship specialization is an excellent avenue for exploring an independent path in business leadership and enterprise. Learn how to plan and build your own business, develop online marketing strategies, and shape your groundbreaking ideas into a viable and thriving business.
Graduating students who have fulfilled the requirements for a Bachelor of Business Administration degree may apply for a Specialization in Entrepreneurship, if they have successfully completed 4 credits from a core set of courses with a minimum grade of 65% in each course. Course topics include Market Research, Entrepreneurship, New Venture Planning, Online Marketing, Advertising, Retail Marketing, Social Enterprise Social Innovation, Organizational Analysis, Operations Management, and Sustainability.
K. Chen, BBA (York), PhD (Wilfrid Laurier)
- Durham GTA
- Prepare for your CPA designation or springboard into an M.B.A.
- Complete 100-hours of hands-on professional experience with a local business through the fourth year placement course or consider the fourth year internship course, a 6, 8 or 12 month paid work opportunity with companies or organizations in Ontario (a break in your studies between your second last and last term) and students must return to Trent after the internship for their final term.
- Compete in local and national business competitions, including Jeux du Commerce, Pitch It, Durham Ideas Den, and Bear’s Lair
Advertising, marketing and public relations managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial, industrial and e-business advertising, marketing and public relations. They are employed by commercial and industrial establishments, government departments, and advertising, marketing and public relations firms or consulting businesses.
- Business Consultant
- Marketing Manager
- Corporate, Small-Business and Not-for-Profit Leadership
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
- A 4U Math
#1 Undergrad University
Many students say they knew Trent was right for them when they visited campus. Come see for yourself.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch