Explore and develop applications that manipulate the speed and power of digital computation, design new models of computation, and uncover new methods of problem-solving. A specialization in Computer Science is your all-access pass to understanding technology and the science behind it. Work one-one-one with your professors, leaders in the field who will know you by name, as you learn the languages needed to explore different programming paradigms, develop and understand the algorithms behind new technology, and prepare for graduate studies in both theoretical and applied computer science.
Hear from current Computer Science student Anuj on his favourite classes, the skills he’s developed, and the many ways he has been able to get involved through hands-on learning opportunities in the Computer Science specialization.
Graduating students who have fulfilled the requirements for a single-major Honours degree in Computing Systems may apply for a Specialization in Computer Science, if they have also successfully completed the following 8.0 credits:
- 3.0 COIS credits consisting of COIS 2320H, 3030H, 3050H, 3320H, 4050H, and 4100H
- 1.0 credit from ADMN
- 1.0 credit from AHCL, CAST, CUST, ENGL, FREN, HIST, HSST, PHIL, or WMST
- 1.0 credit from BIOL, CHEM, ERSC, FRSC, GEOG, or PHYS
- 2.0 additional credits outside of COIS and MATH
Break away from what is conventional and theoretical by studying Computer Science through doing, creating, and experimenting.
- B.Sc. (Honours)
The Trent Advantage
- Co-op – complete a 12-month co-op and gain a competitive edge when you enter the job force.
- Hackathons – Put your computing knowledge to the test by competing in Trent University’s annual hackathon, Electric City Hacks
- Undergraduate research opportunities – Work with leading professors and researchers in Computer Science on current or original research projects
- Computer Scientist
- Database Administrator
- Software Systems Developer
- Software Application Developer
- Network Systems Administrator
- Research Scientist
- Software Engineer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Web Developer
- Mobile Application Developer
- Computer Security