Behavioural and Cognitive Neuroscience
Want to know how the nervous system contributesto behaviour? Complete this specialization alongside your Psychology degree to gain a strong foundation of the concepts and methods necessary for understanding the structural and functional aspects of brain and brain dysfunction.
- PSYC 2200H: Brain and Behaviour
- PSYC 2400H: Introduction to Cognitive Psychology
- PSYC-BIOL 3220H: Neuropsychology
- PSYC 2210H: Brain and Body in Action (Sc)
- PSYC 2600H: Introduction to Learning (Sc)
- PSYC-BIOL 3210H: Principles of the Nervous System (Sc)
- PSYC 3230H: Sleep and Arousal (Sc)
- PSYC 3240H: Drugs and Behaviour (Sc)
- PSYC 3430H: Memory (Sc)
- PSYC 3451H: Psychology of Language (Sc)
- PSYC 3460H: Sensation and Perception (Sc)
- PSYC 3801H or PSYC 3802H: Research Practicum that focuses on cognitive or behavioural neuroscience (Sc)
- PSYC 4225H: Advanced Cognitive Neuroscience (Sc)
- PSYC 4625H: Neurobiology of Learning and Memory (Sc)
- PSYC-BIOL 4840H: Neuroendocrinology (Sc)
- PSYC 4801H or PSYC 4802H: Research Practicum that focuses on cognitive or behavioural neuroscience (Sc)
- B.A. (Honours)
- B.Sc. (Honours)
- Durham GTA
- Access experiential learning and create a customized independent research project or practicum based on your interests by working one-on-one with internationally-recognized faculty.
- Develop your skills in understanding, communicating about, and conducting research.
- Learn from Trent experts in a variety of topics including cognition, neuroscience, and neuropsychology.
- Get opportunities for reference letters from your professors, thanks to our highly personalized learning environment.
Neurologists are doctors who specialize in diagnosing and treating physiological, psychiatric and other brain disorders and act as consultants to other physicians. Specialists in this field of medicine study the nature, cause, and development of brain-related divergent behaviour in humans.
- School psychologist
- Mental Health Counsellor
- Social Services Officer
- Psychiatric Nurse
- Conflict Mediator
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
#1 Undergrad University
Many students say they knew Trent was right for them when they visited campus. Come see for yourself.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch