Trent University, in collaboration with Fleming College, offers a Specialization in Applied Agriculture. The Specialization is available to students in the B.A. or B.Sc. program in Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems (SAFS).
Students admitted to the program register as fulltime Fleming students in the Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Agriculture, beginning in January following the fall term of the last year of their SAFS program. Students who complete the three-semester graduate certificate with a minimum average of 70% will receive 3.0 elective credits towards their Trent Honours degree.
The Trent University academic transcripts of students completing the Sustainable Agriculture graduate certificate program with an average of at least 65% in courses taken at Trent and 70% in courses taken at Fleming will contain the notation “with a Specialization in Applied Agriculture.” Graduates will also receive an Ontario College Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Agriculture from Fleming College.
- Application is made in writing to the coordinator of the Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems program. The deadline for applications is April 1 of the year preceding the intended entry into the graduate certificate program. Students are informed of the result of their application by the end of April. Applicants should state why they are interested in the program and include any related background or experience relevant to sustainable agriculture. Applicants must also demonstrate how they will complete the requirements for the B.A. or B.Sc. in Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems (with the exception of the transfer credits), as laid out in the Academic Calendar.
- To apply, students must have completed 15.0 credits toward their Trent degree, including program-specific requirements up to the third year, by the end of the academic year in which the application is made. Students must have a minimum cumulative average of 70%, including mid-year grades in the year in which the application is made.
- After eligibility for the program is confirmed by Trent, students are required to apply to Fleming through the Ontario College Application Service and to pay the appropriate OCAS fee.
Students pay community college fees for the year of the program. Consult the Fleming calendar for details on fees. Facilities Students in the program have access to the library and faculty at Trent. Students may retain Trent affiliation by paying the requisite fees. Contact Student Accounts for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- B.A. (Honours)
- B.Sc. (Honours)
Ontario Secondary School Requirements
General Admission Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average (unless otherwise specified)
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%