"The Trent experience, I think, is immerse yourself. Immerse yourself in all parts of the campus."
Choose to focus your courses thematically, such as the Holocaust or the Vietnam War, or by time period and location from classic Rome to modern day Latin America.
Historical knowledge plays a powerful role in shaping and impacting the decisions we make in the 21st century. One of the most established and versatile university majors, History paves the way for discovering human behaviour patterns, seeing beyond stereotypes, and discerning the difference between assumption and fact. At Trent, you’ll explore a variety of political and cultural themes while developing research, analytical and communication skills for your future career.
Accelerated Master's Degree
Earn your Master's degree in History within one year of graduation from your B.A.
- B.A. (Honours)
The Trent Advantage
- Study history firsthand studying abroad at one of many partner universities around the world
- Pursue the Museum Management and Curatorship postgraduate certificate program offered in partnership with Fleming College
- Small group teaching environment means you’ll know your profs and they will know you – a great advantage for that personal reference after graduation
- Ten Days That Shook the World
- Love, Sex, and Intimacy in History
- Canadian History through Murder, Execution, Assassination, and Suicide
- Food in History
- World War I and World War II
- Civil Servant
- Diplomatic Corps
- Historical Consultant
- Parks & Recreation Manager