Welcome to Trent University | ESL Spring 2020
YOUR WORLD-CLASS EDUCATION AWAITS
You’re about to embark on an exciting and important new chapter in your life. At Trent, you’ll prepare for your career, make lasting friendships and challenge the way you think and grow.
SO, WHAT ARE YOUR NEXT STEPS?
This online guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions and important deadlines, helping you to be prepared and ready as a new student.
BY MARCH 1, YOU WILL NEED:
- Apply for a study permit* : visit CIC for information on application procedures
- Submit $500 CDN tuition deposit to secure your place at Trent University
* when applying for a study permit, Canadian immigration authorities in some countries may not only require proof of deposit payment but also a payment of tuition and residence fees in full. If you require a receipt on your payment, login to your MyTrent to print a copy of your Trent student account showing the receipt of payment.
BY APRIL 1, YOU WILL NEED:
- Make your flight arrangements to arrive at Pearson International Airport, Toronto (See TI Orientation form for the arrival date*)
- Order your Trent Card to get access to on-campus services, from printing and photocopying at the library to working out at the Trent Athletic Centre.
- Arrange for off-campus or homestay accommodation if not residing on–campus
- For Durham campus, please arrange off-campus accommodation if not residing on-campus ((on campus residence is available as of beginning of May only))
- Stay tuned for Spring Orientation*.
*Trent International’s team will be offering an airport shuttle service on move-in day and Winter orientation programming to welcome you to our campus community. Please watch your Trent email for additional details and registration links.
BY APRIL 15, YOU WILL NEED:
- Pay your ESL fees
Please refer to our academic calendar for the Important Dates and Deadlines
General Inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
Trent International Global Ambassadors
The Trent Global Ambassadors are upper year students from around the world studying in various undergraduate programs at Trent University. They are here to help new students transition to university and answer any questions that they have regarding student life, campus involvement and opportunities, and more. All students who have accepted an offer of admission will be contacted by a Global Ambassador via email. If you wish to connect with a Global Ambassador, please contact email@example.com.
Trent-ESL: English for University
ESL students Kristine Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Peterborough On-campus email@example.com
Peterborough Off-campus firstname.lastname@example.org
Peterborough Homestay email@example.com
Finance Office firstname.lastname@example.org
Peterborough Campus Tours email@example.com
Accessibility Services Office firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Skills Centre email@example.com
Office of Student Affairs firstname.lastname@example.org