Accepted an Offer
Congratulations! Welcome to Trent University. By accepting your Offer of Admission, you are now officially a Trent student and part of our community. A world-class education awaits you!
There are several important next steps now that you have accepted your Offer of Admission. Please review and/or download the Guide for New Students containing your next steps: Summer (May) 2018 session students OR Fall (September) 2018 session students.
Know your student number and Trent email
Your Trent identification number – the number that has appeared on all admissions communications – is now your official Trent student number. Please keep this number handy as it is important to know for future communications and interactions at Trent.
Once your Trent email gets activated, an “email” tab will appear in your MyTrent portal and Trent University professors and staff will begin contacting you through your Trent email account, so check it periodically!
Choose your home away from home
- On-campus in dormitories or apartment-style housing. Residence is guaranteed if you apply by the deadline.
- Off-campus housing listings will help you find apartments, houses, or roommates.
- Homestay placements with a Canadian family offer you a chance to learn more about Canadian culture and practice your English.
Peterborough Campus: Everyone is a part of a college at Trent, regardless of whether you commute to campus or live in residence. It’s your home away from home. A place to make friends, participate in events that will inspire and motivate you, get support and academic advice, connect with faculty outside of the classroom, and a whole lot more. Learn more about our residential colleges!
Students who live off campus will receive an email to choose their college affiliation.
Apply for your Study Permit
If you haven’t already done so, you should apply for your Study Permit now.
Your Offer of Admission and Letter of Acceptance contain all of the program details that you will need to apply for a study permit. As processing times vary depending on the visa office and time of year, it’s best to apply as soon as possible. Apply online for your study permit from Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Register for Trent International Orientation (TIO)
At TIO, you will make friends with students from around the world, meet Trent staff, and learn more about life on campus and in Canada. TIO orientation programs are for all international students, and Canadian students who have been living or studying abroad. We’ll pick you up at the airport or you can meet us on campus. Detailed information about TIO, including a registration form is available on your MyTrent, under Services, Campus Services.
Explore your course options
New students can register for courses through Academic Record in your myTrent account. Now is a good time to review course descriptions and learn how to build a timetable.
Visit our Advising website for online resources and video tutorials.
When can you register?
- Fall start: opens mid-June
- January start: opens mid-October
- Spring start: opens early-March
Need some help in registering? We’re here to help. Contact the TI Office to set up a phone or Skype advising session.
Entering Trent-ESL? You don’t need to register for courses now.
Order your student card
Your TrentU Card provides access to on campus services such as printing, photocopying, the library and Athletic Centre. Avoid lineups in the Card office and upload your picture ahead of time. Login to myTrent to submit your favourite passport style photo online. Click on MyAccount and then TrentU Card. Your card will be processed and ready for pick-up when you arrive!
We are committed to your success.
Explore these services available to all students:
- Advising Services: Academic Advisors can help you with your academic goals and choosing the right courses for your degree path. TI’s International Advisor can provide support for questions relating to academics, cultural transition, campus engagement
- Student Accessibility Services: Benefit from a variety of integration services to support learning and sensory disabilities, as well as physical and mental health throughout your academic career at Trent. Visit: trentu.ca/sas
- Fitness & Athletic: Trent offers amazing facilities and the chance to compete at the varsity, club or intramural level. Visit: trentu.ca/athletics
Other Helpful Resources:
- Trent International Student Association: facebook.com/groups/tisatrentu/
- Trent Central Student Associations: trentcentral.ca
- Course Information: Academic Calendar
- Tuition and Fees: Financial Services Office
- Residence & Housing: Housing Office
Please contact us for any information concerning planning your arrival at Trent University. We can be reached at +1-705-748-1314 or email email@example.com