Applications remain open for 2017 admissions for select programs.
Applications are closed for September 2017 for the Anthropology M.A. program, the Indigenous Studies Ph.D. program, the Cultural Studies Ph.D. program and the Applied Modelling and Quantitative Methods M. Sc.- Big Data Analytics stream only. International applications for all programs are closed for September 2017.
General Admission Requirements
- The usual deadline for applications is February 1.
- Some programs may have higher admission requirements. Check with individual programs before applying. Refer to the Admissions Requirements page.
- The minimum requirement for admission to a Master’s Program is a four-year Honours Bachelor’s Degree (or the equivalent), from a recognized university.
- Overall academic average of at least an upper second-class standing (B+/77%) in the work of the last ten full academic credits or the last two undergraduate years (full-time equivalent).
- Applicants to a Ph.D. program should normally have a Master of Arts or a Master of Science degree as appropriate.
- A minimum B+ average on a completed Master’s Program
Checklist of Required Documents
- official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- two letters of reference
- a plan of study
- a writing sample
- proof of citizenship
- English language proficiency exam scores (if applicable)