Study with internationally-recognized water scientists in state-of-the-art labs and learning facilities, including the Trent Water Quality Centre, the most comprehensive mass spectrometry facility in Canada.
Plants, animals, and humans all require fresh water to survive, and many living species make water ecosystems their home. With less than 2% of the Earth’s water supply being freshwater, efforts to conserve our most precious resource have become critical to survival. As a student in this program, you’ll complete a series of practical and theoretical courses drawn from four primary subjects (biology, chemistry, geography, and environmental science), providing a foundation for examining of the science of water and the aquatic environment. By studying at Trent, you’ll gain a thorough understanding of contemporary water challenges, acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary to respond to aquatic issues in Canada and around the world.
Accelerated Master's Degree
Earn your M.Sc. in Environmental & Life Sciences in only 12-16 months after graduating from your B.Sc.
- B.Sc. (Honours)
The Trent Advantage
- Gain real experience in the study of water and the aquatic environment in the lab and out in the field
- Make an impact in the community through a capstone research project
- Take your education global – study abroad and complete an international research placement
- Global Change of Aquatic Ecosystems
- Aquatic Environmental Chemistry
- Water Policy
- Environmental Impact Assessment Consultant
- Fisheries Manager
- Drinking Water Policy Specialist
- Regional Land and Water Resources Manager