"The Media Studies program...really one of a kind as far as I know, I haven't seen anything else offered like it."
Earn credit for doing as well as thinking, gaining hands-on experience by fabricating 3D-printed objects, bending circuits, shooting on 16mm film, creating fake social media profiles, and more.
Media shape our view of the world and orient us in it. You can best navigate this environment by marrying theory and practice. In Media Studies, you’ll examine the influence of advertising and ideology, the political economy of media corporations, and the principles of multimedia design. You’ll also benefit from our interdisciplinary curriculum, learning across subjects from the humanities to the sciences.
Accelerated Master's Degree
Earn your Master's degree in Theory, Culture & Politics within one year of graduation from your B.A.
- B.A. (Honours)
The Trent Advantage
- Chart your own path taking courses from a dozen contributing departments including Anthropology, Cultural Studies, Computing Systems, and Political Studies
- Take workshop, internship, and community-based research courses with professors and media professionals
- Create a portfolio of your work with media new and old: write zines, compose music, code videogames, report the news, program radio shows, and more
Ontario Secondary School Requirements
General Admission Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average (unless otherwise specified)
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
- Global Media
- Workshop in Photography
- Virtual Worlds: The Anthropology of Online Communities
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Game Studies
- Producing Punk
- Internet, TV, and Radio Production Manager
- Media Executive
- App Developer
- Media Consultant
- Advertising and Marketing Executive