"Trent University has really been challenging and it's provided a space for me to challenge my thinking and to open my heart."
Indigenous Environmental Studies/Science
Trent’s Indigenous Environmental Studies/Science program is the first in North America to bring together the principles of both Indigenous knowledge and Western science. In this program you will explore complex topics such as resource development, climate change, sustainable communities and Indigenous health and environment. Applying an interdisciplinary cross-cultural approach, you will learn to generate solutions to the complex local, regional, national, and international issues facing Indigenous peoples and communities around the world.
- B.A. (Honours)
- B.Sc. (Honours)
The Trent Advantage
- Study IES through a unique interdisciplinary curriculum that includes Indigenous knowledge and Western learning
- Learn from Indigenous and non-Indigenous faculty, elders, guest speakers and other scholars.
- Gain valuable hands-on experience through field courses and experiential learning and exchange opportunities
- Indigenous People’s Health and Environment
- Canada: The Land
- Sustainable Indigenous Communities
- Introduction to Indigenous Food Systems
- Indigenous Environmental Research Protocol and Ethics
- Community Activist
- Government Policy Specialist
- Environmental Consultant
- Aboriginal Corporate Liaison Officer
- Environmental Activist
- Environmental Educator
- Natural Resources Manager