- In fourth year, gain valuable hands-on professional experience by completing 100 hours of placement in an academic term or a 6, 8, or 12 month internship, with diverse companies and organizations.
- Gain leadership experience as part of the Trent Business Student Association – a student-run organization that creates engaging and career-ready experiences for Business students.
- Sharpen your entrepreneurial skillset as you take part in a hands-on exercise on new venture planning and design or compete in local and national business competitions, including Jeux du Commerce, Pitch It, and Durham Ideas
- Network with industry experts and organizations by tapping into the local business community through Chambers of Commerce in Peterborough and Durham, entrepreneurship communities, and the recently announced Trent Enterprise Centre at Cleantech Commons
- Through Trent’s CEO-in-Residence program, build a connection with a globally-recognized business executive (like our inaugural CEO-in-Residence, Dr. Katie Taylor – the first woman to chair a Canadian financial institution) through mentorship meet-ups and events
Investment Manager - Banking
Banking, credit and other investment managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of financial establishments or operational departments within such establishments, or credit departments in industrial and commercial establishments. They oversee business development and manage overall performance in accordance with established strategic directions and policies. Banking managers are employed by banks, trust companies and credit unions. Credit managers are employed by credit departments in department stores, utility companies, car dealerships, insurance companies or other industrial or commercial organizations. Other investment managers are employed by credit card companies, consumer loan companies, mutual fund investment firms, mortgage investment companies or other financial establishments concerned with extending loans and financing and investments.
- Human Resource Manager
- Market Researcher
- Financial Analyst
- Retail Strategist
- Investment Banker
- Indigenous Business Officer
- Labour Relations Specialist
- Fundraising Manager
- Management Skills
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Training and Development: A Cross-Cultural Approach
- Communications in Organizations
- Business Ethics and Corporations
- Introduction to Retail Marketing
#1 Undergrad University
Many students say they knew Trent was right for them when they visited campus. Come see for yourself.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch