The undergraduate Certificate in Spanish jointly offered by the Trent Centre for Language and Linguistics provides students with an opportunity to improve their Spanish language skills and to receive recognition for their proficiency level for the purposes of career advancement or further study.
This program guarantees that students have made successful progress in the language and certifies an advanced intermediate level of Spanish, specifically Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The certificate may be used to bridge into undergraduate degree programs, for professional upgrading, or be complementary to degree studies.
Students who have fulfilled the requirements for a degree may graduate with a Spanish Certificate if they have successfully completed the following 2.5 credits:
- SPAN 1001H and 1002H (or SPAN 1000Y)
- SPAN 2001H and 2002H (or SPAN 2000Y)
- LING 1001H or 3060H
- Hone and demonstrate your advanced Spanish language skills to future employers
- Establish a strong foundation of language and linguistics principles for continued education and learning
- Credits may be used concurrently toward the Option in Languages and the Option in Linguistics
- Courses taken as part of this undergraduate certificate may be used concurrently to satisfy university degree requirements
- Specific admission requirements may apply. Some certificates may not be available to students enrolled in or graduates of programs with substantial overlap in subject matter.
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch