Senior Police Leadership - Postgraduate Certificate
A unique professional program for practicing police leaders, both sworn and civilian, at the sergeant level or above, offered exclusively at Trent University Durham GTA
Receive admissions information, event invites, and important reminders.
- Graduate with an understanding of the complex accountability, legal, and governance frameworks of police services and police services boards – skills and knowledge that cannot be attained through career assignments alone
- Police Chief
- Command Officer
- Staff Sergeant
- Civilian Senior Management
- Foundations Course: Leadership Roles, Efficacy, and Identity (required)
- Leadership Skills for Senior Police Leaders (required)
- Principles of Decision-making (required)
- Governance and Civilian Oversight (required)
- Policing Operations (required)
- Human Resources for Senior Police Leaders (required)
- Must be an active member of a police service with a rank of sergeant or above. Letter of support from your senior officer also required. Transfer credits not eligible for this certificate.
#1 Undergrad University
Where urban vibe meets close-knit community.Visit Trent Durham GTA
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch