Projects and Space Management
The Project Management Office handles capital construction and major renovation projects.
Contractors: Information on any open tenders will be on MERX. Please contact email@example.com directly for information.
Other Requests handled by the PMO include:
- Signage (Indoor and Exterior)
- New Window Coverings
- Exterior Maps
- Space Data Requests
- Building Drawing Requests
- Leases of University Property
The Project Management Office has been established to ensure a consistent project methodology within the University. Renovations that are handled by the PMO include ones that involve engineering assessments, and/or have large budgets. If the PMO deems that a project request should be performed in-house, then the PMO will transfer responsibility to the appropriate Facilities Manager for action.
To initiate a project or request information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Projects can include, but are not limited to, departmental requests for changes to buildings, space, parking & roads. Examples include renovations and remodelling classrooms, labs or offices, removing or adding walls, and installing specialized equipment.
It is the responsibility of the requesting department to secure funding and proper approvals for their project prior to implementation.
Project Managers ensure:
- All Federal, Provincial and Municipal codes and regulations are met
- Trent University policies are followed (i.e. Purchasing Policy, etc.)
- A safe environment for workers, faculty, staff, students and the community is maintained
- Campus standards of quality and maintainability are met
- Only qualified contractors are used
- Potential environmental issues are understood and addressed in accordance with provincial regulations
For more information on the approval process for modifying University space, visit the Space Utilization & Construction Management Committee site.