English For Computing Systems
Expand your English language skills within an IT context, from anywhere in the world! Through a content-language integrated learning approach, this 4-week, online program will help computing systems students and professionals use English correctly and confidently in their work.
Using computing themes, students will expand their vocabulary, improve grammar usage, and hone writing skills. Students will increase English proficiency specifically for IT purposes, improving job skills including content development for web and social media pages, IT project management, and e-commerce practices, among others.
THE ONLINE ADVANTAGE
Trent University is committed to providing the best possible online learning experience. As an accredited member of Languages Canada, Trent’s ESL programs exceed Canadian standards for excellence in language program delivery.
Study English for Computing Systems from anywhere in the world! Benefit from Trent’s outstanding faculty, specialized curriculum, professional context relevance, and extracurricular online programs available to Trent students.
Make the Trent-ESL English for Computing Systems Certificate Program the highlight of your summer.
CLASSES & DATES
60 hrs total instruction
- Interactive, engaging online lessons – study anywhere in the world!
- Content and language integrated learning
- Structured lessons, taught by highly qualified and experienced Trent-ESL instructors
- Languages Canada member program
- Online pricing delivers excellent value for a university program
- Learn with students from other parts of the world without leaving your home!
- Successful program completion may lead to acceptance into Trent’s ESL Academic Pathway programs and continued academic studies at Trent University
English for Computing Systems topics may include:
- Social Media
- The Internet of Things
- Online Identity
- Artificial Intelligence
Why choose Trent-ESL for Computing Systems?
“Trent-ESL's English for Computing Systems program stems from a growing demand for English language proficiency in specific academic and professional contexts. Developing language skills within a specific area of expertise facilitates collaboration and exchange internationally within the sector, so that ideas can advance together."
Cath D'Amico, MA
Director, Trent International
- English proficiency placement at beginning of program
- ESL program (15 hours of class per week) with enthusiastic, skilled instructors, including access to materials
- English for Environmental Science Certificate
- Access to online extracurricular programs available to all Trent students
Note there is no required English proficiency level to enter the program; for students to have the greatest benefit from the program, the recommended level is IELTS 5.0.
FEES PER STUDENT
4-week online program: $2100 CAD
Applications for Summer 2021 will open in November 2020. Please click here to let us know you would like to receive a reminder email from us!