ENGLISH FOR HEALTH CARE
Professionalize your English language skills in the medical and health care sector while learning about the Canadian health care system in context.
Through a content-language integrated learning approach, this 4-week, online program will help health care students and professionals to expand their language, terminology and pronunciation within a medical context and broaden their understanding of the Canadian health care system.
THE ONLINE ADVANTAGE
Trent University is committed to providing the best possible online learning experience. As an accredited member of Languages Canada, Trent’s ESL programs exceed Canadian standards for excellence in language program delivery.
Study English for Health Care from anywhere in the world! Benefit from Trent’s outstanding faculty, specialized curriculum, professional context relevance, and extracurricular online programs available to Trent students.
Make the Trent ESL English for Health Care Certificate Program the highlight of your summer.
CLASSES & DATES
60 hrs total instruction
2 sessions offered in Summer 2020:
- July 6-31, 2020
- August 4-28, 2020
- Interactive, engaging online lessons – study anywhere in the world!
- Content and language integrated learning
- Structured lessons, taught by highly qualified and experienced Trent-ESL instructors
- Languages Canada member program
- Online pricing delivers excellent value for a university program
- Learn with students from other parts of the world without leaving your home!
- July 2020 session and August 2020 session
- Successful program completion may lead to acceptance into Trent’s ESL Academic Pathway programs and continued academic studies at Trent University
English for Health Care topics may include:
- Patient Care
- Controversy in Medicine
- Preventative Care
- Mental Health
- Documentation in Health Care
Why Choose Trent ESL?
Testimonials from participants
“I really liked this course because it helped me to improve my English language skills. The instructor showed us her skills and knowledge in the subjects.”
“What I Iiked the most about this course was the match between learning the four skills of this language along with medical content. I really enjoyed what the instructor taught us regarding writing in academic style. I am happy that I will go back to Mexico and I will be able to use this particular knowledge when it comes to school assignments.”
“The course was amazing, I learned a lot of things about Health Science. The online material is very interesting, I loved the videos and the instructor is great. She taught me new vocabulary, pronunciation and helped me to improve my English skills.”
- English proficiency placement at beginning of program
- ESL program (15 hours of class per week) with enthusiastic, skilled instructors, including access to materials
- English for Health Care Certificate
- Access to online extracurricular programs available to all Trent students
Note there is no required English proficiency level to enter the program; for students to have the greatest benefit from the program, the recommended level is IELTS 5.0.
FEES PER STUDENT
4-week online program: $2100 CAD
Applications for JULY session due May 15.
Applications for AUGUST session due June 15.
50% payment deposit is required by application deadline.
Full payment required prior to start date of program.