English, Leadership, and Community
Information for Partners & Agents for Groups and Cohorts
English, Leadership, and Community Certificate Program
The English, Leadership, and Community program is a 4-week language immersion program where students will develop themselves in both English language and personal perspective. By learning in and with an authentic Canadian community, the students can learn from the experiences and perspectives of others, and sharpen their community leadership and decision making skills through the program. In addition, graduates of the program earn a scholarship for future study at Trent University.
Join a rich and engaging learning environment to enhance your English and leadership skills:
- Learn the language of leadership thinking
- Expand your leadership skills
- Increase your self-awareness
- Gain confidence in communicating in English
- Develop your proficiency in all English language skill areas
- Interact with a group of committed participants
- Engage with a skilled facilitator and instructor
Trent ESL is located on Trent University’s beautiful Symon’s Campus along the banks of the Otonabee River in Peterborough, Ontario. The natural setting of Trent’s 1400 acres of trees, open fields, streams, and lush forest provides a unique learning and recreational environment.
Peterborough, among one of the friendliest cities in Canada, is a wonderful place to live, learn, and gain memorable experiences. Living with homestay hosts carefully selected by our partner, Canada Homestay Network, participants can always feel safe, and with Toronto only 90 minutes away, enjoying the big city experience is easy.
Make the English, Leadership, and Community program the highlight of your summer.
Language Skills Development
- All language skill areas included: reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary
- Learn strategies for developing each skill area
- Apply your language skills to group discussions, presentations, projects and more
- Express your leadership style in English
- Develop your leadership lexicon in English
- Modern classrooms and facilities
- Experiential learning outside classroom: visiting local community and regional leaders
- Qualified, professional and experienced instructors
- Opportunities for sightseeing
- Delivery by Trent ESL, an accredited Languages Canada member program since 2007
|Session 1 - July||Session 2- August|
|Student Arrival||July 3||July 31|
|1st Day of Program||July 4||August 2|
|Last Day of Program||July 29||August 26|
|Student Departure||July 30||August 27|