Professional Development for Environmental Science
Information for Partners & Agents for Groups and Cohorts
Experiential English Language for Environmental Science
Our planet needs environmental leaders collaborating on a global platform to resolve today’s urgent environmental issues. Learning English as an environmental scientist puts you on that global stage.
Trent University is the University of Choice for future environmental leaders. As an ESL student in the Experiential English program, offered in partnership with the Trent School of the Environment you will study at one of Canada’s most sought-after locations for environmental research and innovation. Dig in and learn more about our unparalleled hands-on learning opportunities, world-renowned research facilities, and expert faculty. Discover for yourself what makes Trent Canada’s top postsecondary environmental university.
Get Your Hands Dirty As You Learn English!
Experience at your fingertips: on campus, in the community, and into the world at Trent. Speak, think, analyze, document, and present findings in English as you learn how to extract samples and test for toxins and contamination. Research projects are hands-on, language intensive, experience-rich, and take full advantage of the local ecology and international research to offer a global perspective on all things environmental. Our 1450-acre campus offers wetlands, forested areas, and open fields to provide easy access to field study sessions and our state-of-the-art labs will be used for analysis.
Trent ESL is located on Trent University’s beautiful Symon’s Campus along the banks of the Otonabee River in Peterborough, Ontario. The natural setting of Trent’s 1,450 acres of trees, open fields, streams, and lush forest provides a unique learning and recreational environment.
Peterborough, among one of the friendliest cities in Canada, is a wonderful place to live, learn, and gain memorable experiences. Living with homestay hosts carefully selected by our partner, Canada Homestay Network, participants can always feel safe, and with Toronto only 90 minutes away, enjoying the big city experience is easy.
Make the Trent ESL English for Environmental Science Program the highlight of your summer.
Start/End Date (4 weeks, 15 hrs/wk)
|Session 1 - July||Session 2- August|
|Student Arrival||July 3||July 31|
|1st Day of Program||July 4||August 2|
|Last Day of Program||July 29||August 26|
|Student Departure||July 30||August 27|
Fees (4 weeks)
- Residence Option: $ 5,275.00
- Homestay Option: $ 3,600.00
- Program Only Option (no accommodation or meals) $ 2,620.00
Program fees include:
- return shuttle (Pearson to Trent)
- application and registration fees
- activities programming
- graduation ceremony
- program certificate
Does not include excursions outside of Peterborough: Excursion Fees will be released once we have pricing/fees from destination/attraction sales teams. They will start from $150 per trip and include transportation, one attraction, and two meals.
- Deposit of $1000 CAD required at time of registration
- Full payment due by May 1, 2022 (or prior to the start date of any program)
- Late payments are subject to a $75 CAD fee
Cancellations and reductions in registrations must be made in writing and are subject to the following:
- Before January 31st - a refund will be granted for Sessions less the session deposit (as outlined above) per session/registrant
- Between January 31st and April 30th - both the session deposit (see above) and cancellation fee of $200
- No refunds shall be given after May 1st - Cancellations after this date will result in complete forfeiture of program fees (all payments are non-refundable and nontransferable). No refund, reduction of fees or credit will be granted for late arrival, early departure, withdrawal, or dismissal.