English for Computer Science
Information for Partners & Agents for Groups and Cohorts
English for Computer Science Program
This four-week English for Computer Science program, designed for both new and experienced computer science students and experts, offers specialized language and professional development in an immersion environment. Participants will engage in a dynamic learning experience that combines language, culture, learning, and community in a stunning campus environment at Trent University in Peterborough, Canada.
Through a content-language integrated learning approach, this experiential program will help computer science students and professionals to expand their language within the IT context.
Trent ESL is located on Trent University’s beautiful Symon’s Campus along the banks of the Otonabee River in Peterborough, Ontario. The natural setting of Trent’s 1400 acres of trees, open fields, streams, and lush forest provides a unique learning and recreational environment.
Peterborough, among one of the friendliest cities in Canada, is a wonderful place to live, learn, and gain memorable experiences. Living with homestay hosts carefully selected by our partner, Canada Homestay Network, participants can always feel safe, and with Toronto only 90 minutes away, enjoying the big city experience is easy.
Make the Trent ESL English for Computer Science Certificate Program the highlight of your summer.
Why Trent ESL for Computer Science Professionals?
“Trent ESL's English for Computer Science program stems from a growing demand for English language proficiency in specific academic and professional contexts. Developing language skills within a specific area of expertise facilitates collaboration and exchange internationally within the sector, so that ideas can advance together."
Cath D'Amico, MA
Director, Trent International
- Experiential learning: visiting local IT enterprises and meeting local IT professionals
- Content and language integrated learning in English for Computing classes
- Qualified, professional and experienced instructors
- Opportunities for sightseeing
- Delivery by Trent ESL, an accredited Languages Canada member program since 2007
English for Computer Science topics may include:
- Social Media
- The Internet of Things
- Online Identity
- Artificial Intelligence
- IT project management
- Project collaboration skills
Start/End Date (4 weeks, 15 hrs/wk)
|Session 1 - July||Session 2- August|
|Student Arrival||July 3||July 31|
|1st Day of Program||July 4||August 2|
|Last Day of Program||July 29||August 26|
|Student Departure||July 30||August 27|
Fees (4 weeks)
- Residence Option: $ 5,275.00
- Homestay Option: $ 3,600.00
- Program Only Option (no accommodation or meals) $ 2,620.00
Program fees include:
- return shuttle (Pearson to Trent)
- application and registration fees
- activities programming
- graduation ceremony
- program certificate
Does not include excursions outside of Peterborough: Excursion Fees will be released once we have pricing/fees from destination/attraction sales teams. They will start from $150 per trip and include transportation, one attraction, and two meals.
- Deposit of $1000 CAD required at time of registration
- Full payment due by May 1, 2022 (or prior to the start date of any program)
- Late payments are subject to a $75 CAD fee
Cancellations and reductions in registrations must be made in writing and are subject to the following:
- Before January 31st - a refund will be granted for Sessions less the session deposit (as outlined above) per session/registrant
- Between January 31st and April 30th - both the session deposit (see above) and cancellation fee of $200
- No refunds shall be given after May 1st - Cancellations after this date will result in complete forfeiture of program fees (all payments are non-refundable and nontransferable). No refund, reduction of fees or credit will be granted for late arrival, early departure, withdrawal, or dismissal.