English for Business and Entrepreneurship
Information for Partners & Agents for Groups and Cohorts
English for Business & Entrepreneurship Certificate Program
The English for Business & Entrepreneurship program is a 4-week language immersion program where students will professionalize their English language skills in the business world and at the same time learn about the Canadian business and commerce system.
Through a content-language integrated learning approach, this experiential program will help students and professionals to expand their language within the business context. Using business themes, students will expand their vocabulary, improve grammar usage, and hone writing skills to produce reports, deliver presentations, and discuss issues relevant to business and commerce.
Trent ESL is located on Trent University’s beautiful Symon’s Campus along the banks of the Otonabee River in Peterborough, Ontario. The natural setting of Trent’s 1400 acres of trees, open fields, streams, and lush forest provides a unique learning and recreational environment.
Peterborough, among one of the friendliest cities in Canada, is a wonderful place to live, learn, and gain memorable experiences. Living with homestay hosts carefully selected by our partner, Canada Homestay Network, participants can always feel safe, and with Toronto only 90 minutes away, enjoying the big city experience is easy.
Make the Trent ESL English for Business & Entrepreneurship Certificate Program the highlight of your summer.
Why Choose Trent ESL?
Testimonials from participants
“ The course was very complete and I learned a lot. I feel better with all my skills compared with the day that I arrived… Excellent course, and excellent teacher. ”
“ I really liked this course. It was very dynamic, and that helped me gain confidence in using English. In conclusion, the course was amazing, and the teacher was great. ”
- Modern classrooms and facilities
- Experiential learning outside classroom: visiting local businesses and meeting local entrepreneurs
- Content and language integrated learning in English for Business classes
- Qualified, professional and experienced instructors
- Opportunities for sightseeing
- Delivery by Trent ESL, an accredited Languages Canada member program since 2007
English for Business & Entrepreneurship topics may include:
- Human resources
- Resume optimization
- Business planning
- Viral marketing and advertising
- Employee motivation and satisfaction strategies
- Effective leadership styles
- Customer and client service
- Management issues
- Business Ethics
Start/End Date (4 weeks, 15 hrs/wk)
|Session 1 - July||Session 2- August|
|Student Arrival||July 3||July 31|
|1st Day of Program||July 4||August 2|
|Last Day of Program||July 29||August 26|
|Student Departure||July 30||August 27|
Fees (4 weeks)
- Residence Option: $ 5,275.00
- Homestay Option: $ 3,600.00
- Program Only Option (no accommodation or meals) $ 2,620.00
Program fees include:
- return shuttle (Pearson to Trent)
- application and registration fees
- activities programming
- graduation ceremony
- program certificate
Does not include excursions outside of Peterborough: Excursion Fees will be released once we have pricing/fees from destination/attraction sales teams. They will start from $150 per trip and include transportation, one attraction, and two meals.
- Deposit of $1000 CAD required at time of registration
- Full payment due by May 1, 2022 (or prior to the start date of any program)
- Late payments are subject to a $75 CAD fee
Cancellations and reductions in registrations must be made in writing and are subject to the following:
- Before January 31st - a refund will be granted for Sessions less the session deposit (as outlined above) per session/registrant
- Between January 31st and April 30th - both the session deposit (see above) and cancellation fee of $200
- No refunds shall be given after May 1st - Cancellations after this date will result in complete forfeiture of program fees (all payments are non-refundable and nontransferable). No refund, reduction of fees or credit will be granted for late arrival, early departure, withdrawal, or dismissal.