Whether you are a new student coming directly from high school, a transfer student, a mature student, or an international student, Trent University Durham’s orientation program is the first step in providing you with the tools and information you need to start your university career off strong.
The Trent Durham Student Association (TDSA) and Trent University Durham work together to create an orientation program that meets all your needs. Join us as we set you on the path to a successful educational journey.
Upcoming Orientation Events
Trent University Durham - Orientation 2017
Summer Academic Kickstart
Saturday, June 24th, 2017 (tentative)
Trent University Durham will be hosting New Student Orientation for all new students on Saturday, June 24th, 2017 All new students are expected to attend the orientation. Optionally, parents/guardians are also welcome to attend a Parent/Guardian Information Session during June Orientation.
Topics to be covered include academics, course registration, involvement opportunities, campus services, student life, parent information and money matters.
Please note this will be your first opportunity to register in courses with the help of your academic advisors for the upcoming year so it would be a great head start on course registration if you attend.
Fall Start-Up Orientation
Tuesday, September 5th & Wednesday, September 6th, 2017
The purpose of the first day of the Fall Start-up is to become familiar with the campus, your peers, staff and faculty, and life at TrentU Durham. It will be an engaging day filled with fun experiences as you transition into your first days of university life!
Your First Steps!
1. Pay your Tuition in Full by the Deadline indicated in the Timetable
If you are an OSAP student, your fees are due later but you will need to complete the promissary note online through MyTrent.
Check out Financial Services for more information.
2. Register for Orientation
Check out the links above to register for Orientation!
3. Course Registration
- Read the following guide first, which will give you instructions on how to follow all the resources below:
- Information for Course Registration can be found in these downloadable files:.
- Check out these videos for more information on how to prepare and register for classes:
- If you wish to look up courses that will be available, check out the Timetable link below:
- For financial information, please see the link below:
4. Order your student ID card
- Your TrentU Card provides access to Durham Transit (for full-time students), and on campus services such as printing, photocopying, the library and café. Go to trentu.ca/trentucard to upload your favourite photo to ensure your TrentU Card is ready for pick-up at orientation
Check out this video on instructions for how to take a selfie and upload to the TrentU Card site:
TrentU Card Selfie Video
5. Visit the Bookstore or the TDSA Used Book Store
The Trent Durham Student Association sells used books in their store on the Durham Campus.
- Monday-Thursday - 9am - 5pm
- Friday - 9am - 2pm
The Bookstore will be on site at the Durham Campus to sell new textbooks.
- January 9th-12th - 11:30am - 6:30pm
- January 13th - 11:30am - 2:30pm
- January 16th-19th - 11:30am - 6:30pm
6. Take a look at this amazing resource from the Academic Skills Centre
- The Academic Skills Resources Centre has released an e-book which takes you through the first week, first month, and first term as a student.
- Follow this link to access the Survive and Thrive e-book
Important Links for Trent University Durham Students:
New Student Orientation Instructional Videos: