Health Promotions Team
Who We Are
We are a diverse team of students, like you, aimed at building a healthier, happier and more inclusive student community. Our mission is to encourage students to come together to foster personal growth and community well-being.
What We Do
- Engage campus community in activities that encourage resilience and the capacity to maintain wellbeing
- Provide interactive programming and information to reduce stigma around mental health struggles
- Facilitate prevention initiatives focused on reducing the impact of stress, providing social supports and encouraging self-care practices
- Partnering with community-based organizations in the provision of programming on campus
* Health Promotion programming is student-led through Trent Work Study Positions and is under the supervision of Student Affairs – Accessibility & Counselling Services
Resources that Inform Practices
World Health Organization
Post-Secondary Student Mental Health: Guide to a Systemic Approach
In It Together: Taking Action on Student Mental Health
Art Therapy Workshops - the LivingRoom Community Art Studio
Jack Talks – Peer-based mental health awareness outreach https://www.trentu.ca/news/story/17863
SafeTALK (Suicide Alertness Training)
Stress and How to Manage It Workshop – Durham Mental Health Services
Therapy Dog Program – St. Johns’ Ambulance
Meet our Team
Don-Pierre is a Business Administration student studying at Trent University Durham GTA. His Trent highlight is that he once wrapped a whole table in front of the library with bubble wrap for people to have fun popping. Don knows that he is living well when his school and social life are balanced and he can make time for self-care.
Rosey is a Psychology student, working on the health promotions team for her second time this year. Fun fact about Rosey is that she knows how to juggle. She knows that she is living well when she treats herself with the same kindness and respect that she shows others.
Nathan is a Social Work student, new to the Health Promotions team this year! He, strangely enough, has two middle names that he shares with his favourite fictional characters. Nathan knows he is living well when he takes time for himself, whether that's a half hour or a full day.