Student Accessibility Services (SAS) provides support to students with disabilities through one-on-one advising, referring students to campus supports, and technology support.
Students may experience temporary barriers to participating in their program or studies. SAS will support students with interim accommodations to meet their needs.
Some of the supports SAS provides to students:
- Develop an accommodation plan that meets each individual's needs
- Students and advisors work together to develop approaches and strategies that use students' strengths which can help them engage with their coursework
- Technology support with using Adaptive Technology, using a hands-on approach students will learn how their technology works and how it can be used in their classes
- Direct and connect students to the appropriate resources on campus
- Referrals for psycho-educational assessments and other disability-related services
How to Register:
1. Book an intake appointment
Phone the INFODesk at 905-435-5100 and ask to book an appointment with SAS. You will be asked to provide your name and Trent student number.
2. Bring documentation to intake appointment
Our Documentation Requirements page has detailed information on accepted documentation.
3. What you can expect during your intake appointment
You and your advisor will develop an accommodation plan based on your strengths and your documented areas of need. With your permission, your professors are notified of your SAS registration and your academic accommodations. Information about your disability is NOT disclosed to professors.
Current SAS Students
- SAS Portal -Students who are currently registered with SAS manage their accommodations online using the SAS Portal through mytrent
- How to, reference guides - Step-by-step “how-to” guides on accessing supports found on the SAS portal
- Durham Exam Centre - Accommodated exam information
- Read&Write Download
- SAS Advocacy Prize
- Post-Secondary Students with Mental Health Disabilities
- Academic Mentoring Program
- Academic Skills