New Student Orientation
Whether you are a new student coming directly from high school, a transfer student, a mature student, or an international student, Trent University Durham’s orientation program is the first step in providing you with the tools and information you need to start your university degree.
The Trent Durham Student Association (TDSA) and Trent University Durham work together to create an orientation program that meets all your needs. Join us as we set you on the path to a successful educational journey.
Upcoming TrentU Durham Orientation Events:
January Kickstart Orientation - Friday, January 5th, 2018
1 pm - 4pm
TrentU Durham Campus
To ensure your successful transition to TrentU Durham, we hope to prepare you for the dynamics of university academics and also familiarize you with the various supports and services on campus to help you in your journey.
Why Attend the January Kickstart?
- Become familiar with the campus, your peers, staff, and faculty
- Topics discussed will include academics, getting involved, campus services, money matters, and careers
- Meet fellow January-start students
- It’s free! – snacks and refreshments will be provided
For more information and to register, follow this link:
Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
Instructional Videos & Academic Advising for all Programs:
- Academic Timetable Tutorial
- Academic Timetable
- Visual Schedule Builder
- Navigating myTrent
- Academic Calendar Tutorial
- Academic Calendar
- General Course Selection Advice
- First Year Course Selection by Major
- First Year Course Descriptions
- Preparing for Course Registration
- How to Register for Courses
Tuition & Fees Payment
Winter 2018 Payment Deadline: January 8th, 2018
If you receiving OSAP you will need to complete the promissory note online on your MyTrent portal to have your tuition due on Wednesday, January 31st, 2018. This can be found under the academics tab on your myTrent portal.
Additional Important Links for Trent University Durham Students:
- Academic Skills
- Academic Advising
- Accessibility Services
- Health & Dental Benefit Plan
- Transit Pass
- TrentU Student Card
If you will be studying on the Peterborough campus, please use the following link: Peterborough Orientation